‘Military Registration’ in a company is a set of measures aimed at:
- registration of persons employed by the company and liable for military service;
- liaising with military conscription offices in the matters of military registration of these persons at the places of their residence or stay to ensure the country’s defence and safety, including ensuring timely arrival of persons, being in labour relations with the company and liable for military service in case of mobilization, to rallying points or military units.
All companies must carry out military registration activities, regardless of their form of incorporation.
Main objectives for a company carrying out military registration are as follows:
- registration of company for military service at their place of employment;
- collection, storage and processing of information contained in registration documents of citizens subject to military registration, update of such information, as well as update of information contained in military registration documents of military conscription offices
Why is military registration important?
- If your company employs residents of other cities, and these employees are not registered with the military conscription office at the place of their stay, you will have to work with multiple conscription offices at once.
- Activities of military conscription offices have been intensifying. Due to ongoing particular mobilization call-up papers are sent to the addresses of the employer and employee.
- Military registration adds workload to HR department, and requires special attention and intricate knowledge of relevant laws. HR staff will have to study military registration procedures and implement them in their company on their own.
Unicon Outsourcing Services
Organization of military registration includes military registration/deregistration of company at their place of employment, maintenance and update of registration documentation, close cooperation with military conscription offices and timely preparation of annual reporting documents.
The cost of these services shall depend of the number of persons liable for military service employed by the company and the monthly volume of HR activities on the matter.
Cost of services (for one legal entity)
||Average monthly cost (RUB)|
|Organization of military registration||from 35 000|
Preparation of documentation for military registration of a company with relevant competent authorities in Moscow – orders, job descriptions, certificates, etc.
||from 9,000 (including military registration specialist’s travel to military conscription offices and headquarters within Moscow)|
Activities associated with military registration recovery, i.e. restoration of all registration documents of an employee liable for military service and eligible for an upcoming draft.
from 800 for one employee liable for military service
|100+ employees||additional assessment required|
In our military registration activities we are guided by the following regulations:
Labour Code of the Russian Federation.
Federal Law No. 61-FZ “On Defensive Measures” dated May 31, 1996.
Federal Law No. 53-FZ “On Military Duty and Military Service” dated March 28, 1998.
Military Registration Regulation approved by Governmental Decree of the Russian Federation No. 719 dated November 27, 2006.
Methodological Guidelines for Maintenance of Military Registration Records by Legal Entities, as approved by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation on July 11, 2017.
Administrative Offences Code of the Russian Federation.
Liability for violations of military registration procedures is provided for by Articles 21.1, 21.2, 21.3, 21.4 of the Administrative Offences Code of the Russian Federation; such liability entails imposition of administrative fines in the amount from one to five thousand roubles for each case of violation.
If a company does not maintain military registration procedures or fails to maintain them correctly, administrative fines provided for Article 23.11 of the Administrative Offences Code of the Russian Federation may be imposed on the company.